maandag, juli 22, 2013

DIY: dip-dye for a day




Dip-dye has been a big trend since a long time now and I've seen a lot of famous people with dip-dye.
I myself have dark brown hair and I have been wanted blond dip-dye/ombre for a while now. But I was too scared to be stuck with it if I didn't like it. So when I was with a friend and we saw a dip-dye method for a short period we were very excited. This dip-dye method is very easy and stays a day or two in your hair. I used soft pastels because it is better for your hair. I also recommend to use only soft pastels because otherwise it's hard to get out of your hair. You can purchase soft pastels in an art shop or other stores that you'll think have soft pastels. For the Dutch readers I bought these soft pastels at 'Action' for € 2.49 which I thought was cheap.


What you'll need:
- Soft pastels
- Gloves
- Towel
- Old clothing / Shirt
- Hair Straightener
- Bowl with water
- Hairdryer

What to do:
1. Wear an old shirt and put a towel under your shoulders so there is no chalk on your shirt. For the person applying the dip-dye wear gloves because the chalk will come on your hands. 
2. I recommend washing your hair and making sure its dry before doing the dip-dye. 
3. Grab the ends of your hair and make it wet. The length of your wet hair is the length of the new color.
4. Take the color of the chalk you want to apply and just apply it on your hair. When your hair is wet your hair picks up the color better. The color you see now is probably very bright but when you'll dry your hair it will fade a bit. 
5. When your happy with the lenght and color, use the hairdryer because your hair is pretty wet.
6. Straighten your hair so the chalk remains better. Please be aware your straightner will get dirty but you can clean this afterwards.
7. You must be carefull the first hours because it's possible that the color comes on your clothes. But you can obviously put it in the washing machine.

My results: 
I have dark brown hair and wanted a blond dip-dye. The store didn't have a color like this so I used a lighter brown although on the pictures it looks red. But I hope you'll get an idea of the results. As you can see in the picture of the soft pastels I needed half of the chalk for my hair.


Let me know what you think of my dip-dye and if you have any questions please let me now. I'm sorry I didn't make any pictures off the process itself but I didn't know at the time I would use it for this blog.

Love, Liz

Geen opmerkingen: